Friday, January 13, 2012

Sharing our Health Experience

Our experience as we share the love of SMOOTHIES has been interesting. Unless you're already a green smoothie advocate, try to imagine yourself or someone you see almost everyday carrying a bottle of semi thick, unfamiliar green liquid. It’s not something you see very often.

My wife and I get funny looks and sometimes criticism for drinking our smoothies. People at our work now know us as the smoothie freaks, geeks, weirdo’s, health nuts, etc.. At first it was quit a surprise to us how people treated us because of our diet. You would think more people would be proud of someone who is trying to take care of their body, but maybe they really are. Not quit sure the psychology of it, but it might have something to do with jealousy or just simply being uneducated. It’s assuring to read from other “raw foodist” that experience similar things. There are some that applaud us though. It’s been fun to share smoothies with the people at our work. We both do it on occasion and some fun things have happened because of it.

The first time I shared my smoothie was with a 27 year old guy who isn’t terribly unhealthy but isn't very healthy either. I told him I would give him some of my smoothie the next day. So I made extra the next day and gave him about a cup. Later that day, he came up to me telling me how different it made him feel. He said it gave him energy and made him a little loopy. This I suspect was because his body was not used to that many nutrients (or maybe I secretly slipped him some poison). Then later on after the smoothie had passed through him, he said he urinated green, Ha Ha. I couldn’t believe it! Green colors have come out my other end which is intense enough, but not that end or front or how ever you say that. I continued to share my smoothie with him for a little while and he enjoyed and appreciated them.

Another time, there was a girl at my work that noticed that I was always drinking a green smoothie and I told her a little about it. She soon got a high performance blender with her husband and starting making green smoothies. They enjoy blending daily now and she tells me that I am a good influence on their health.

No comments:

Post a Comment